Silver Santé Study
This 5-year, €7m EC-funded project is investigating the determinants of mental health & well-being in the ageing population of Europe
The Silver Santé Study has been funded under the name Medit-Ageing within the Horizon 2020 health call to promote mental well-being in the ageing population.
The project is co-ordinated by Dr Gaël Chételat from Inserm (Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale). It is based in Caen, France (under Cyceron), with consortium partners in France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Spain and Switzerland.
It is funded by the European Commission, with financial support from the University of Geneva (Swiss State Secretariat for Education Research & Innovation), and will run from 2016 to 2020.
We will investigate the effectiveness of a variety of interventions on healthy ageing, with a key focus on mental health and well-being including Alzheimer’s disease and its mechanisms. Researchers will conduct clinical trials involving patients with existing subjective cognitive decline, expert meditators and participants from the general public over the age of 65.
There are nine work packages (WP) within the project:
- WP1 – Meditation – led by Dr Antoine Lutz, Inserm (France)
- WP2 – Lifestyle – led by Dr Eider Arenaza-Urquijo, Inserm (France)
- WP3 – Attention – led by Dr Fabienne Collette, University of Liege (Belgium)
- WP4 – Emotion – led by Dr Olga Klimecki, University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- WP5 – Cognition & Wellbeing – led by Dr Natalie Marchant, University College London (UK)
- WP6 – Biomarkers – led by Dr Gaël Chételat, Project Co-ordinator, Inserm (France)
- WP7 – Coordination & Management – led by Dr Géraldine Poisnel, Inserm (France)
- WP8 – Communication – led by Rhonda Smith, Minerva Communications UK Ltd (UK)
- WP9 – Clinical Trial – led by Dr Sonia Guéguen, Inserm (France)
Find out more about our partners here.
Click on the logos below to look at our partners’ websites.